Denysville to Heilbron and Koppies to Schonkenville Roads, South AfricaAfrica / Cadastral / Chartered Land Survey / Geographic Information Systems (GIS) / Land Information System (LIS) / Land Registration / South Africa
CLIENT: Mol Pro Consultancy (Pty) Ltd
The roads from Deneysville to Heilbron and Koppies to Schonkenville were being upgraded. RGC was contracted to provide land acquisition advice for upgrading of the two roads. RGC undertook a full document search of Surveyor General (SG) data, met with famers, provided subdivision of properties for servitudes and pegging on the ground.
The detailed work entailed
- Verifying the existing road servitude, if there was one, and relating it to a common system of control and reference
- Establishing control along the road corridor or verifying and recalculating existing control to ensure homogeny with the cadastral control system.
- Comparing the new design to the existing road way by means of surveying the existing road centerline and edges off the verified control.
- Establishing the properties affected and the area of these properties.
- Working alongside the environmental and socio economic teams to make contact with each of the affected land owners.
- Pegging the new road reserve through the affected properties and liaising with the consultant and land owners on site to show these parcels.
- Finalising all pegging and cadastral information requirements
- Submitting to the local Land Survey department for official registration of the Right of Way Servitude.